About the NCCIL
The National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature collaborates with award-winning artists to produce exhibitions of their artwork that are distinctive, appealing to museum visitors of all ages, and of the highest quality. In addition to this unique artistic partnership, following its debut at the NCCIL gallery each exhibition travels to museums, public libraries, and galleries nationwide.
To the local community, the NCCIL offers:
- opportunities to meet visiting artists during exhibition opening events
- FREE family art activities every Saturday from 1-4PM
- docent-led school tours to elementary classrooms
- annual summer art camps for ages 5-11
- books signed by exhibiting artists
The NCCIL is located between North 1st and North 2nd in the historic distric of downtown Abilene at 102 Cedar • Abilene, Texas 79601. You can reach us via telephone at (325) 673-4586, via fax at (325) 673-0085, and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please check our exhibition schedule before planning your trip.
Admission is FREE, including ArtWalk and Saturday Family Art Activities!